Clan currently provides services across Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire with the main support centre located in Clan House, Aberdeen. The services provided are free for anyone affected by cancer and comprise of a range of core complementary therapies, counselling services, a drop-in service and support groups. The centre also hosts Clan’s Children and Families and Health and Wellbeing Services.
The role of the Aberdeen Local Services Coordinator is to ensure the daily provision of appropriate and responsive Wellbeing Services to the people of Aberdeen, including the management and coordination of a small team of therapists. The post holder will be required to work alongside the wider services team to take an innovative approach to service delivery, but ultimately ensure they work with volunteers to deliver the listening & support service at Clan House.
· To ensure the smooth daily delivery of Clan Services to anyone affected by Cancer, through the provision of listening and support service (face to face or digitally), counselling, complementary therapies and groups/classes in line with the services strategy.
· To ensure the client pathway is implemented for any new and existing clients to determine which services will best meet their needs.
· To deliver direct emotional support (Listening & Support) to clients impacted by cancer on a planned appointment basis or in response to a drop in.
· Be the joint local point of contact for Clan House support volunteers alongside the Volunteer Manager to enable service delivery and retain a team of Clan volunteers in line with Clan’s Volunteer Strategy for consistency across all wellbeing bases.
· Deliver services in line with all Clan policies and procedures
· Maintain accurate records and record client interfaces on Clan databases
· To participate in regular Clan wide meetings and to contribute to local service planning.
· To participate in regular Clan wide systems of communication, including meetings, working groups, Clan planning days, where possible and agreed.
· To attend training and refresher courses where relevant to the role.
· Provide a supportive environment for support volunteers by briefing them prior to any client appointments and debrief them afterwards, ensuring the relevant client contact forms are completed and input into Clan’s client database in a timely way.
· Work in partnership with the Income Generation Team to raise funds and inform funding applications to support the provision of wellbeing services.
· To attend relevant training and refresher courses where relevant to the role · Promote and embed Clan values, strategic direction and policies within local centre and outreach services.
21 hours per week (evening and weekend work may be required)
Enquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay up to date on with Clan on our social media channels
Clan offers free support to anyone affected by cancer in north-east Scotland, Moray, Orkney and Shetland. Please help support us.
Sign up to receive our regular newsletter where you will find a mix of news and information from across all areas.